June 23, 2008

BIG RANT! Inadequate packaging.

My correspondants and I are really getting tired of inadequate packaging - and not just with eBay sellers. I do not have time to word this with great delicacy and politeness.

Personally, I don't think receiving damaged goods deserves politeness!

Get with the program. If you are selling certificates, then use rigid mailers. NEVER use padded envelopes or bubble envelopes.

Rigid mailers are readily available at the sellers listed below plus many more . They generally sell under the name of "Stay-Flat Mailers", "No-Bend Mailers", or "Rigid Photo Mailers."

Yes, they will cost between 60¢ and $1.50 each, depending on the size. But let me ask you which you would rather do - spend 75¢ on a mailer? Or replace a damaged certificate AND lose future business in the bargain? Besides, you can pass on the cost of the mailer to your buyer.

Here is a quick rundown on suppliers, with links to their web sites:

Uline - look for "Stay Flat Mailers"
Calumet Carton - look for "Stay Flat Mailers"
Packaging Supplies Co - look for "Stay Flat Mailers"
ShippingSupply.com - look for "No-Bend Mailers"
Associated Bag Co. - look for "No-Bend Mailers"
Argrov Box - look for "Stay Flat Mailers"
Amazon.com - look for "Rigid Photo Mailers"


WVrails said...

I would add to also use the RIGHT SIZE packaging. Folding a certificate so it fits into whatever envelope or mailer that happens to be handy is another sure way to loose business.

Anonymous said...

The worst case was from a large dealer that sent me a certificate in a package with no return address.No backing or any protection for the certificate and to top it all off he folded it.No more business from me!

thomasjack said...

Great post I like it very much keep up the good work.
apparel boxes with window
custom Archive packaging company